RR2312 noise levels

a_carneiro
Tutor

RR2312 noise levels

Hi guys
Thinking of buying a ReadyNAS 2312 when it becomes available in Europe.
This would be in my rack in the garage.
Can anyone who has one tell me how noisy it is? I worry that it’ll have a ton of VERY LOUD fans to be able to dissipate the heat from 12 HDDs.

Thanks for your help!

André
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RR2312 noise levels

@a_carneiro wrote:

Can anyone who has one tell me how noisy it is? I worry that it’ll have a ton of VERY LOUD fans to be able to dissipate the heat from 12 HDDs.

Per the datasheet it has five 40mm fans.  The noise spec is < 28 dba, which is surprisingly quiet.  Hopefully someone from Netgear ( @BretD ?) can confirm that spec.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/storage/RR2304_RR2312_RN3138_DS.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@a_carneiro wrote:

Per the datasheet it has five 40mm fans.  The noise spec is < 28 dba, which is surprisingly quiet.  Hopefully someone from Netgear ( @BretD ?) can confirm that spec.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/storage/RR2304_RR2312_RN3138_DS.pdf

Message 2 of 7
a_carneiro
Tutor

Aaaaand here’s another entry for the RTFM category.
Completely missed the noise rating on the data sheet!
Thanks so much 🙂
Message 3 of 7
BretD
Admin

I'm gonna go with what the datasheet says, they do extremely detailed testing to make sure that information is accurate.

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 4 of 7
BretD
Admin

I'm gonna go with what the datasheet says, they do extremely detailed testing to make sure that information is accurate.

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 5 of 7
kevinfor2014
Guide

My concern with the RR2312 - it may NOT fit into your Server Rack... it's 909mm in depth -vs- 707mm for the RR3312/4312X models.. the other is the 4x1GB ports - why not just have 2x10G avail as an upgrade.. especially if thinking with an all SSD Solution

Model: RR3312| ReadyNAS 12 Bays with up to 120TB total storage
Message 6 of 7
a_carneiro
Tutor

@kevinfor2014 wrote:

My concern with the RR2312 - it may NOT fit into your Server Rack... it's 909mm in depth -vs- 707mm for the RR3312/4312X models.. the other is the 4x1GB ports - why not just have 2x10G avail as an upgrade.. especially if thinking with an all SSD Solution

My rack is a 1000mm depth, so should be fine.

Does the RRR2312 come with rails? Seems like a bit of a pain having to take it all apart very time you want to fiddle with the HDDs...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements