× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RR2312 noise levels

a_carneiro
Tutor

RR2312 noise levels

Hi guys
Thinking of buying a ReadyNAS 2312 when it becomes available in Europe.
This would be in my rack in the garage.
Can anyone who has one tell me how noisy it is? I worry that it’ll have a ton of VERY LOUD fans to be able to dissipate the heat from 12 HDDs.

Thanks for your help!

André
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@a_carneiro wrote:

Can anyone who has one tell me how noisy it is? I worry that it’ll have a ton of VERY LOUD fans to be able to dissipate the heat from 12 HDDs.

Per the datasheet it has five 40mm fans.  The noise spec is < 28 dba, which is surprisingly quiet.  Hopefully someone from Netgear ( @BretD ?) can confirm that spec.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/storage/RR2304_RR2312_RN3138_DS.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@a_carneiro wrote:

Per the datasheet it has five 40mm fans.  The noise spec is < 28 dba, which is surprisingly quiet.  Hopefully someone from Netgear ( @BretD ?) can confirm that spec.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/storage/RR2304_RR2312_RN3138_DS.pdf

Message 2 of 7
a_carneiro
Tutor

Aaaaand here’s another entry for the RTFM category.
Completely missed the noise rating on the data sheet!
Thanks so much 🙂
Message 3 of 7
BretD
Admin

I'm gonna go with what the datasheet says, they do extremely detailed testing to make sure that information is accurate.

Message 4 of 7
BretD
Admin

I'm gonna go with what the datasheet says, they do extremely detailed testing to make sure that information is accurate.

Message 5 of 7
kevinfor2014
Guide

My concern with the RR2312 - it may NOT fit into your Server Rack... it's 909mm in depth -vs- 707mm for the RR3312/4312X models.. the other is the 4x1GB ports - why not just have 2x10G avail as an upgrade.. especially if thinking with an all SSD Solution

Model: RR3312| ReadyNAS 12 Bays with up to 120TB total storage
Message 6 of 7
a_carneiro
Tutor

@kevinfor2014 wrote:

My concern with the RR2312 - it may NOT fit into your Server Rack... it's 909mm in depth -vs- 707mm for the RR3312/4312X models.. the other is the 4x1GB ports - why not just have 2x10G avail as an upgrade.. especially if thinking with an all SSD Solution

My rack is a 1000mm depth, so should be fine.

Does the RRR2312 come with rails? Seems like a bit of a pain having to take it all apart very time you want to fiddle with the HDDs...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements