× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rady NAS Duo v2 - cannot connect

Nora13
Follower

Rady NAS Duo v2 - cannot connect

Ok guys, 
Here comes a question from a IT-talent-free lost girl:
I have a Netgear ReadyNas Duo which was always installed with my husbands laptop. However, husband left with laptop and i would like to access our photos of 16 years. I have just installed RAID on my laptop and it seems to find it when i go to Network but when i try to connect it opens a page "Certificate error" as below at bottom page. 

if i click on details it opens: 

Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.
The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

if i then go on to the webpage it asks me for my name and password. I dont know it. What can i do?

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Go to your Start page
Details
Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Nora13,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried using a different web browser or a different computer and see if you will get the same problem?

You can also try clearing the web browser's cache and see if that helps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Hi @Nora13

It looks like your procedure is opening your web browser.

Try entering  \\nas-name in the file explorer address bar instead.  You'd use the real name (the one you see in the network listing) of course.  The slash direction matters, if you accidently use // that will also open your web browser.  So make sure you use \\.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Going to the IP address with Windows Explorer may also ask you for a user name and password.  So, if you never had one, you'll still be locked out.  Fortunately, an OS re-install can solve that problem by resetting the admin password.  Two words of caution:  Be sure you REALLY have a V2.  Some Duo's have a paper sticker on the bottom that says "V2", but that is still really a V1.  The real V2 says so on the front lable  Once you know which you have, follow the OS re-install instructions for that unit type..  Second, make very sure you are doing an OS re-install, not a factory default.  The default will unrecoverably erase all data.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements