× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Raedynas Network Problem

Anton079D
Aspirant

Raedynas Network Problem

Hello

I am a customer with limited network knowledge.

I have the following network devices Netgear GS716Tv3, Nas RN 214 en Nas RND 516

Both NAS are accessible via Windows explorer and I can also edit all files, however

When I try to access the NAS via Raidar I get the message Your NETGEAR storage is not accessible from this computer. Check your network settings.

Because of this I cannot edit the NAS or update the Firmware.

The NAS also has a strange IP address 192.168.178.55 and both NAS are also not visible in the router (Livebox5 from Orange France) My network 192.168.1.1.

How do I give the correct settings?

Thank you in advance and best regards

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Anton079D
Aspirant

Re: Raedynas Network Problem

Hello Stephen

The problem is solved.
I have a radeynas hooked up to the old router and connected to the computer.
After that I was able to log in via Frontview.
I changed the network settings to a static address for the new router, 192.168.1.51 and then reconnected the Readynas to the new router.
After that everything was solved again access via Frontview and Raidar and visible in the network 192.168.1.1

Thank you very much for thinking along

Greetings from France
Anton

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Anton079D wrote:

When I try to access the NAS via Raidar I get the message Your NETGEAR storage is not accessible from this computer. Check your network settings.

Because of this I cannot edit the NAS or update the Firmware.

The NAS also has a strange IP address 192.168.178.55 and both NAS are also not visible in the router (Livebox5 from Orange France) My network 192.168.1.1.

Did you ever set up a static IP address for these two NAS?

Which NAS can't you reach? 

Do both NAS have an 192.168.178.x address?

Message 2 of 7
Anton079D
Aspirant

Hello Stephen
Thanks for your quick response.
As far as I know, both NAS are on DHCP and do not have a static IP address.
Both NAS are accessible but not via Raidar or Frontview
The addresses are 192.168.178.55 and 192.168.178.33
Greetings from France

Message 3 of 7
Anton079D
Aspirant

Hello Stephen
What I now discover is that I used a Fritzbox Router before my move from Germany to France
This router had the address 192.168.178.1
This router can no longer be used in France and has been replaced by the telephone company with a Live box5 with the address 192.168.1.1
Could that be the cause of the problem?

Greetings from France

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Anton079D wrote:

Hello Stephen
What I now discover is that I used a Fritzbox Router before my move from Germany to France
This router had the address 192.168.178.1
This router can no longer be used in France and has been replaced by the telephone company with a Live box5 with the address 192.168.1.1
Could that be the cause of the problem?

Greetings from France

This does perhaps explain the 192.168.178.x addresses, but doesn't explain why you can reach the NAS with explorer, but not with RAIDar.

One option is to change the LAN subnet in your Live box5 to 192.168.178.x and see if that restores access.

You could also try doing an OS reinstall on the NAS, and see if that results in getting a 192.168.1.x address.  That will result in 

• setting the NAS network settings to DHCP with no bonding
  • changing the admin password to password.
  • disabling volume quota (which can be reenabled on the volume settings wheel).

Message 5 of 7
Anton079D
Aspirant

Hello Stephen

The problem is solved.
I have a radeynas hooked up to the old router and connected to the computer.
After that I was able to log in via Frontview.
I changed the network settings to a static address for the new router, 192.168.1.51 and then reconnected the Readynas to the new router.
After that everything was solved again access via Frontview and Raidar and visible in the network 192.168.1.1

Thank you very much for thinking along

Greetings from France
Anton

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Anton079D wrote:

Great.

One piece of advice - most routers let you reserve an IP address fo the NAS, so the DHCP server will always give the same address.  It's best to use that feature, and not assign addresses in the NAS web ui.  One reason is that if this happens again, you won't lose access.  A second reason is that it is easier to prevent IP address duplication if you manage the addresses in one place.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements