× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 214 and Ready Cloud sync creating *.tmp files instead of syncing the changes to files.

Phil308
Follower

Ready NAS 214 and Ready Cloud sync creating *.tmp files instead of syncing the changes to files.

ReadyNas 214 installed and working fine.

Shares are fine, snapshots are fine, access is fine to the NAS shares themselves.

I want to have the Ready Cloud sync working so that I can utilise offline files when away from the office location.

When I first set this up it was fine and could see the changes to the files and the updates in the save date reflected locally. I tested at first that you could update either files on the NAS share or the local ready cloud folder and it would sync either way.

It worked OK and first then noticed some odd behaviour. Some files would go missing on the NAS itself and I had to recover from the snapshot.

I then noticed that files were not being deleted they were being replaced with *tmp files in the local Ready Cloud folder. If I renamed these files to the correct extension (.xlsx or docx) then I could see it was the file in question but it was hit and miss if it actually had the data in it.

NAS folder (Pic 1):

Local Ready Cloud Folder (Pic 2):

You can see the word tmp file above which is there because I had the file open but when closed this is the view (Pic 3):

You can also see that there are not the same number of files in the local Ready Cloud folder as there are in the online folder (7 online and 5 offline).

You can tell which ones are which because of the size of the files.

I have searched the forums and wider on the net and do not seem to find anyone having the same issue which is odd so I must not be phrasing my issue correctly in searches.

Other things I have tried is removing the Ready Cloud software from one PC and installing again with defaults but still the same.

I have setup a new share and stopped the snapshots but as can be seen in the screen shots the issue is there as soon as you make an edit to the document.

I have also tested briefly with non office documents and a txt files seems to stay in the correct state. (Pic 4)

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements