× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 214 cannot access or map drive in windows 7 only through internet ready cloud

kountrykenny
Aspirant

Ready NAS 214 cannot access or map drive in windows 7 only through internet ready cloud

I have been trying everything from every post in the forums that I can find regarding mapping a drive to the NAS on a win7 PC. Windows sees the NAS ans it's name. Yet everytime I try to map to it windows gives the error that windows cannot access the NAS. The NAS is brand new and the shares are set to anonymous. Strangely my MavBook can acces the NAS when looking in the finder. I have tried mapping to the NAS on the Windows machin using the net use command and I think every other way possible.  Is there anyone awake at 3:41 in the morning that might be able to share please?

Kind regards,

Ken

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
kountrykenny
Aspirant

Re: Ready NAS 214 cannot access or map drive in windows 7 only through internet ready cloud

Thank you sir. I did try all three options. One of the options couldnt see the storage but the other two could and still get the windows error that windows cannot access the NAS. I do appreciate your time in trying to help me get through this. I am fdiasking and formattiing the Windows drive and will reimage shortly.

Kind regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready NAS 214 cannot access or map drive in windows 7 only through internet ready cloud

Does this only happen when you are accessing the NAS remotely with ReadyCloud?

Or does it also happen locally when you aren't using ReadyCloud?

Message 2 of 8
kountrykenny
Aspirant

It only happens locally when trying to map the network drive.

It works fine when using the internet cloud connection.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@kountrykenny wrote:

Ok.  What happens if you open CMD and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\sharename /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real IP address, sharename, and admin password of course.  Be careful on the slash directions and the spaces.

Message 4 of 8
kountrykenny
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@kountrykenny wrote:

Ok.  What happens if you open CMD and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\sharename /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real IP address, sharename, and admin password of course.  Be careful on the slash directions and the spaces.

I actually tried every single solution that the community has offered. The same error for every solution. I tried the one you mentioned around 6 hours ago. I'm thinking I might reimage the system.

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

ok.  But it might be useful to know what error you are seeing.

Just in case you didn't check this already - confirm that the PC classifies the network connection as private (home or work with Win7).

Message 6 of 8
kountrykenny
Aspirant

Thank you sir. I did try all three options. One of the options couldnt see the storage but the other two could and still get the windows error that windows cannot access the NAS. I do appreciate your time in trying to help me get through this. I am fdiasking and formattiing the Windows drive and will reimage shortly.

Kind regards,

Ken

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Can you see the NAS in RAIDar?  Maybe the PC and NAS aren't on the same subnet.

Lots of folks have issues with Win10.  But Win7 access has been rock solid, AFAIK.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements