× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS 422 Folder Syncing from alternate drives

thompssp
Tutor

Ready NAS 422 Folder Syncing from alternate drives

I am looking into purchasing a NAS box for my home (I already have the WD Red 4TB drives) and I am very interested in the Netgear Ready NAS 422 enclosure (I'm not sure if the model # I put above is correct or not); however, the more I have read about it, it seems as if the Ready cloud app will only let you sync to folders that are located on the C: drive of the PC. Can anyone verify if this is correct? If so, I may need to look elsewhere. I have numerous drives in my PC (such as D:, E:, H:)  and I am interested in syncing folders from these various  drives to my NAS. So, if I make changes to the files on my NAS, the files will be updated on my PC drives/folders and if I make changes to the files on my PC, they will update on the NAS (2 way sycning). I have been reading that the Ready Cloud app does not allow this and will only let you sync files that are on the C: drive. I have very large folders conatining my graphics files and store these files in 2 TB drives in my PC but I want to sync them to the NAS so I can access them from my laptop when I am somewhere else. That way if I change/edit graphic files on the NAS, they will update on the PC drive as well. I hope this is not the case since I would really like to purchase this NAS enclosure. Are there other apps you can use with this enclosure other than Ready Cloud that could accomplish this? If not, I will need to look at a Synology or something else that can handle this. Any info anyone can provide would be great! Thanks!

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@thompssp wrote:

Are there other apps you can use with this enclosure other than Ready Cloud that could accomplish this? 

You can sync with Resilio sync.  There are also several cloud options (which would let you sync the PC folders and the NAS to cloud storage).

Personally I back up my PCs to the ReadyNAS when I am home - avoiding the need to use ReadyCloud for that.

Message 2 of 3
thompssp
Tutor

Thanks for the reply StephenB. I really appreciate the feedback.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements