× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS Duo not detected by windows 10 after factory reset

GreaseKnuckles
Follower

Ready NAS Duo not detected by windows 10 after factory reset

I have acquired a used Ready NAS duo from a nephew and a factory reset has been done. I have attempted to install Raidar and received java script missing errors. My windows 10 laptop has not detected the NAS when connected via usb patch cable. Starting to think the bin might be the best place for it.

Model: RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo 1TB (1 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready NAS Duo not detected by windows 10 after factory reset

Hi GreaseKnuckles,

Welcome to the Community!

May I know which version of your RAIDar you installed? Have you tried un-installing then re-installing it?

You cannot connect the PC to the NAS via USB cable. The USB ports on the NAS are used for USB drives for backup. The NAS needs to be connected to your network via Ethernet cable.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Ready NAS Duo not detected by windows 10 after factory reset

You cannot access the NAS via USB, it is a network device.  NAS = Network Attached Storage.  The USB ports are for adding external drives to it, thus the Type A connector.  If you try to connect it directly to a PC via Ethernet, it's going to use the default IP address and you'll need to manually set a compatible address for the PC, so putting it on your network with the router providing DHCP is best.  Then RAIDar (which does need Java) will find it for you.  The older RAIDar 4.3.8 is best for the legacy NAS.  Alternately, you can look at the "Attached Devices" screen on your router to find the IP address.  Then use your browser to go to https://IP_of_NAS/admin (using the real IP address, of course).  The admin user name is admin and the default password on that NAS is netgear1 unless it has very old firmware, in which case it's infrant1.

It is quite an old NAS (>10 years), so is quite slow and only supports up to 2TB drives.  It also uses SMB1 protocol, which you will likely need to enable on your PC since Microsoft disables it by default.  If you just intend to use it for something like unattended PC backups where speed really isn't an issue, it can still be useful.  But if you plan to use it for a lot of other things, a newer NAS will serve you better.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements