× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS Duo v2 vs the Pro 2

kcobello
Aspirant

Ready NAS Duo v2 vs the Pro 2

Hello People!
I am new to this community. I have ordered for our photo business a Duo v2. In hindsight I think I should have ordered a pro 2. I have asked 1000 questions at Dell about my purchase and have really got now where. What I am looking for is this. We go onsite to events, racing, etc. My wife sits at a table with a pc, 2 dye sub printers and some editing software. We are talking bigger events, sometimes over 300 people. We shoot to print. We have all kinds of portable drives. I wanted something more versitile. I want to able to take a NAS and go onsite and plug it directly into our Dell Vostro all in one 330 pc and let my wife download the photos to this device. She will be editing also and printing. Then when the day or weekend is done take the NAS an plug it into our home network and back up the files to our Terastation ( large storage device). Should I have got the pro 2? yes we probabaly will use the other Media features at some time. Please help us out on this one. Should I send the V2 back which is on its way and get the Pro2

Thanks
Kevin and Dawn Cobello
K & D Action Photo
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready NAS Duo v2 vs the Pro 2

I would. If you're able to send the Duo v2 back and get a Pro 2, do it.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements