× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS NV+ v2 and WD30EFRX

SistemasLM
Aspirant

Ready NAS NV+ v2 and WD30EFRX

Hi, I have two WD30EFRX 3TB disk that appear in the Hard Disk Compatibility list for Ready NAS NV+ v2 and the hw only recognize 746GB.

How can I update to the full storage of 3TB?

Thx. Alejandro.-

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only, ReadyNAS RND4410v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready NAS NV+ v2 and WD30EFRX

@SistemasLM wrote:

Hi, I have two WD30EFRX 3TB disk that appear in the Hard Disk Compatibility list for Ready NAS NV+ v2 and the hw only recognize 746GB.

This almost always means that you actually have an NV+ v1.  The labels are very confusing.

If you running 4.1.x firmware in the NAS then you certainly have a v1.  If you don't know the firmware version, then check this guide: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

If I am right, and you have a v1:  The v1 only supports disks of <= 2 TB.  There is no workaround.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@SistemasLM wrote:

This almost always means that you actually have an NV+ v1.  The labels are very confusing.

If you running 4.1.x firmware in the NAS then you certainly have a v1.  If you don't know the firmware version, then check this guide: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

If I am right, and you have a v1:  The v1 only supports disks of <= 2 TB.  There is no workaround.

Message 2 of 3
SistemasLM
Aspirant

You are right Stephen, its 4.1.15 and also checked the layout of the NAS and its NV+ v1.

Bad news.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements