× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS network errors

Dave_Waine
Aspirant

Ready NAS network errors

I have a Ready NAS Pro 6. The interface is set for Adaptive load balancing.
If either one of the interfaces is connected then all is ok (but it is only a single, non redundant connection).
As soon as both interfaces are connected I get lots of Rx errors and Rx packets dropped.
Same on a Netgear switch and TP-Link switch.
Anyone had a similar problem?
Message 1 of 5
dsm1212
Apprentice

My pro 6 did the same thing with ALB. I think most of the counts are on one port? My switch was one of the small office cisco switches. I later bought a switch that supports 802.3ad and it's got minor RX error counts (<20 after weeks). I don't know if it was ALB or the cisco switch, but I never really had a problem other than seeing those counts.

steve
Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I think its best to use a switch that supports LACP (802.3ad)

Are you seeing the rx errors on the NAS or or somewhere else?
Message 3 of 5
Dave_Waine
Aspirant

The Ready NAS logs the errors against the ethernet interfaces.
Tried setting to IEE802 + LACP switch - better, possible to use set like this but still logs RX packet dropped errors.
I have a ReadyNAS104 set to ALB connected to the same switch - all seems fine with no errors.
Implies that the ReadyNAS 6 is faulty.
Netgear Support don't really want to know unless I pay for premium support - IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY!!!
Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Dave Waine wrote:
I have a ReadyNAS104 set to ALB connected to the same switch - all seems fine with no errors.
Implies that the ReadyNAS 6 is faulty.
Not to me. The RN104 doesn't have the horsepower to generate more than 1 gbit of traffic. So no matter how the teaming plays out, you won't overrun the interface.

It is interesting that the errors are on the RX, and not TX. The load balancing choice only affects TX traffic. What is generating the traffic load? Are you using multiple clients simultaneously? Or a client that also uses teaming? Are you seeing errors on both NICs?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements