× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD app not backing up iPhone/iPad

basshead2k
Guide

ReadyCLOUD app not backing up iPhone/iPad

There’s two closed existing threads on this topic from 2017-2018. Issue started about a couple of weeks ago - possibly caused by iPhone/iPad iOS update (14.6) as the ReadyCLOUD app has not been updated since v2.0.7 (2073). Backups stopped working around the same time on all 3 apple devices (2 iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2). Prior to that, backup was temperamental; sometimes would say “uploading media” but not progress, or would take a few minutes before progress bar moved and displayed file names/images changed.

Also had updated RN102 firmware about the same time, which could’ve caused the problem. Can I rollback the RN102 firmware update?

I have logged out of the app and restarted it and there was no change. I’ve tried using data and wifi and background and no background backups.

Any other suggestions to try that weren’t in the other threads? Deleting the app and reinstalling and restarting backup would be a last option I might have to resort to.
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
basshead2k
Guide

@Sandshark wrote:

If you updated within the same main version (6.5.x to 6.5.x, for example), you can downgrade just like you upgrade from a local file.  If you went to the next main version (6.4.x to 6.5.x), then downgrading is not recommended.  With only a few exceptions (but, unfortunately, I don't know all of them), you can safely downgrade and then do a factory default.

downgraded firmware from 6.10.5hotfix to 6.10.4 fixed the problem.  6.10.5 still wouldn't work

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

If you updated within the same main version (6.5.x to 6.5.x, for example), you can downgrade just like you upgrade from a local file.  If you went to the next main version (6.4.x to 6.5.x), then downgrading is not recommended.  With only a few exceptions (but, unfortunately, I don't know all of them), you can safely downgrade and then do a factory default.

Message 2 of 6
basshead2k
Guide

Logging out of and signing-in to the app on the iPhone wasn't the solution... A reboot of the NAS did the trick (not a factory reset - just merely a restart).  

Message 3 of 6
basshead2k
Guide

This gremlin returned a few weeks ago. A reboot of the NAS and restart of the Readycloud app and rebooting the iPhone hasn’t resolved the problem this time. Errors I am getting initially was “forbidden” and now is “bad request 400”.

I can browse share folders (file listing is current) but not view photos/images or upload/media backup to the NAS from the phone.

One iPhone 8 has Symantec VPN activated but the other iPhone 8 doesn’t; media backup on both iPhones don’t work

I can’t remember if I’ve done another firmware update on the NAS which may have caused this to occur again, but the version is the current “hot fix” version
Message 4 of 6
basshead2k
Guide

Message 5 of 6
basshead2k
Guide

@Sandshark wrote:

downgraded firmware from 6.10.5hotfix to 6.10.4 fixed the problem.  6.10.5 still wouldn't work

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements