× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyCLOUD for MAC?

realtek30
Aspirant

ReadyCLOUD for MAC?

Hi,

Are there any plans for Netgear to do a ReadyCLOUD client for Mac like they do Windows?

I am a Mac user and if I don't want to use ReadyDROP (as it seems old way of doing things) then there only leavs me third party apps like BitTorrent Sync.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi realtek30,

There is no official ReadyCloud app release for Mac yet.

Please try this BETA version https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/install/ReadyCLOUD.pkg and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I know there was talk about getting the ReadyCLOUD client for Mac.

There has been a push internally to get this client ready for public use. The current plan is to have something available for when the next major release (6.4.0) comes out. I will see if we are able to get a beta version for the meantime.
Message 2 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi realtek30,

There is no official ReadyCloud app release for Mac yet.

Please try this BETA version https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/install/ReadyCLOUD.pkg and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
realtek30
Aspirant

Brilliant, thanks both for your help and its nice to know something is happening internally for this.

On the subject of 6.4, is there a RoadMap for ReadyNAS or at least changes that will be included in 6.4 release?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello realtek30,

You are most welcome!

There is a plan adding it to the 6.4 release, just no ETA yet but I believe it is very soon.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
js98
Aspirant

Hi,

I was trying to run this app on OSX Yosemite, on the LAN side of a netgear router.  The dialog box hangs on "Connecting to SMB://....".  I have the windows 7 version operating correctly on a different PC on the LAN.  Could I be missing a config option somewhere?  Thanks for any help.

ReadyCloud looks like a handy feature, I am hopeful a final version will be released in near future.  A linux version would be great.

Thanks 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements