× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA Not working well (if at all?) 6.10.7

clarkef1
Follower

ReadyDLNA Not working well (if at all?) 6.10.7

Hey Netgear, what's up with ReadyDLNA not working well at all in OS6? I recently replaced my old ReadyNAS 4 Pro with a new model running OS6. ReadyDLNA sucks in OS6! The indexing doesn't update when media files are added, a manual refresh/scan of my media files seems hit or miss as it the units to show media to stream... Yes DLNS is enabled in System -> Settings. I have two shares - both shares are DLNA enabled for video files only to reduce the amount that needs indexing. 

When I browse to the NAS with a compliant client, I can see the server, I can sometimes see some content and sometimes I see folders with no content. 

I found this thread by Steffan from last year: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/ReadyDLNA-not-picking-up-new-files-RN102...Where the poster points out that the version of minidlna used by OS 6.10.7 is from 2017 and has a known bug fixed in later releases.... I logged into my new NAS with SSH and checked the minidlnad version number - sure enough 1.2.1...  Seems a pretty simple thing to update in the next release ...

How about it? This is my wife's primary way of watching our media libraries and I'd hate to have to dust off my ReadyNAS 4 Pro and go back to the reliable DLNA version of the old OS...

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements