× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 firewall disabled after firmware update

Jelutho
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 firewall disabled after firmware update

Hi all, after an update of ReadyNAS 102 firmware to V6.10.1 (from 6.9.2) I noticed my firewall button was red / disabled in the Ready cloud. I have seen no "firewall turn on" check box prior to updating. Another browser did not help, nor a reboot. Any one an idea how to make the red button green again?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 firewall disabled after firmware update

@Jelutho wrote:

As said in a previous reply the Firewall is discontinued after the udate.

"Firewall" is not the same as "Antivirus".  A firewall controls connections to the NAS (blocking access); AntiVirus looks for infected files. Your repeated use of the wrong term is what created confusion here.

Your screenshot definitely shows that AntiVirus is disabled.  So the thread can be closed.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Look on the cloud page of the NAS web ui ( https://nas-ip-address/admin ).  First make sure the ReadyCloud service is enabled.  Then look for two green checkmarks at the top.

Let us know if you see that.

Message 2 of 7
Jelutho
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the reply. The readycloud is switched on and the internet and services are flagged green.

Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jelutho,

Are you referring to the built-in Antivirus service on the ReadyNAS? If you are, that service was removed on the RN100 series since the 6.10.0 update. This is due to the minimum requirement of the current AV is exceeding the physical RAM of those units. You may check this link for more information.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Jelutho wrote:

Hi all, after an update of ReadyNAS 102 firmware to V6.10.1 (from 6.9.2) I noticed my firewall button was red / disabled in the Ready cloud.?

Can you post a screen shot?

Message 5 of 7
Jelutho
Aspirant

Hi all,

As said in a previous reply the Firewalll is discontinued after the udate. This means the post can be closed?

Attached a screen shot

Regards

J

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Jelutho wrote:

As said in a previous reply the Firewall is discontinued after the udate.

"Firewall" is not the same as "Antivirus".  A firewall controls connections to the NAS (blocking access); AntiVirus looks for infected files. Your repeated use of the wrong term is what created confusion here.

Your screenshot definitely shows that AntiVirus is disabled.  So the thread can be closed.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements