× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 Email Alert not working

blanzon
Tutor

ReadyNAS 104 Email Alert not working

I have tried every possible combination, including the new auto login via the Gmail login button, but I simply can't get the alerts to send. Help please.

Notes:

1. When I use the Google login button, and login, the top user, pw and email provider are auto populated. However the 'advanced options' fields don't. Then I'm unable to go any further as it claims the SMTP server can't be empty - yet this is not selectable.

2. When manually entering, I use

• my user, pw, smtp.gmail.com
  • advanced options - smtp.gmail.com, port 465, from my email, tried with and without TLS

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 104 Email Alert not working

Hi @blanzon, you wrote "my user, pw, smtp.gmail.com". Just skip the "smtp" and go with "my user, pw, gmail.com" only.

Good luck with fixing and kind regards

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hi @blanzon, you wrote "my user, pw, smtp.gmail.com". Just skip the "smtp" and go with "my user, pw, gmail.com" only.

Good luck with fixing and kind regards

My settings (which do work) has this in the main section

X.X@gmail.com
pw
gmail.com 

Advanced then has 

smtp.gmail.com
X.X@gmail.com

Use TLS is checked.

I'm using the main gmail account setup (not an application password).

Message 3 of 5
blanzon
Tutor

Thanks StephenB!

I tried but still didn't work. However, updated the security setting on my gmail and it has now worked. Seems previously Gmail was blocking access. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@blanzon wrote:

However, updated the security setting on my gmail and it has now worked. Seems previously Gmail was blocking access. 

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements