× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 FW6.5.1 upgrade has corrupted my admin interface screen (I think)

brickedexpress
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 FW6.5.1 upgrade has corrupted my admin interface screen (I think)

Please have patience with a old timer if the answers seem obvious to you.

I was having problems with my RN104 (FW 6.4.2), whereas I could not upload any apps from the netgear site collection to the unit, so I thought maybe a FW update would solve my problem, how wrong I was. I ran RAIDar, and connected with no problem to my unit and carried out the FW upgrade from 6.4.2 to 6.5.1 as per NetGear,s instructions.RAIDar.jpg

After the required reboot  was carried out and RAIDar was started again it recognised that the new FW 6.5.1 was installed on the unit.

On pressing the admin page button on RAIDar it dropped into the usual Netgear startup logo pageVersion 6.4.2.jpg

but this still showed FW 6.4.2, it then dropped into the unit,s admin page only for me to find the page is corrupted (as seen in the attached .jpg) making it impossible to interact with the unit, note on this page it says FW 6.5.1 is installed.Admin Page.jpg

Strangely enough I can still access my hard drives from my Pc without any problem.

Am I the only one unable to access the  ReadyNAS Apps & Add-ons ?

Can anybody suggest how I might be able to get my unit,s interface back so can interact with it as normal.

I was thinking of following the following proceedure as detailed here "http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29952?cid=wmt_netgear_organic" but I,m not sure if this would be a cure.

I would be very grateful for any help and advice. Thanks in advance

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 FW6.5.1 upgrade has corrupted my admin interface screen (I think)

Can you clear your web browser cache (e.g. Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer), close your web browser then reopen the web admin interface and see if it comes up fine?

Don't do USB Boot Recovery. There are clear warnings not to do that if we haven't suggested it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 FW6.5.1 upgrade has corrupted my admin interface screen (I think)

Can you clear your web browser cache (e.g. Temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer), close your web browser then reopen the web admin interface and see if it comes up fine?

Don't do USB Boot Recovery. There are clear warnings not to do that if we haven't suggested it.

Message 2 of 3
brickedexpress
Aspirant

Thank you very much, ran CCleaner and cleaned out system and everything back as it should be. I,m a happy OAP again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements