× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 104 - Firmware update issues

SeveredEntrails
Follower

ReadyNAS 104 - Firmware update issues

Hi All, I have ReadyNAS 104 device that has an out of date firmware (6.5.1). I am trying to update the firmware but when I do it via the device interface it finds the new firmware as 6.10.8 and attempts to download it but fails everytime with error -  6001010060 and the retry option doesn't do anything.

I have also attempted to download the firmware and apply it to the device manually but with no more luck. It reports an Unspecified Server Error.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I have 2 of these boxes that need updating.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@SeveredEntrails wrote:

I have also attempted to download the firmware and apply it to the device manually but with no more luck. It reports an Unspecified Server Error.

Try rebooting, and see if you end up on 6.10.8 anyway.

Message 2 of 3
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @SeveredEntrails,

Please try with other browsers and also please try reinstalling the OS from the boot menu once and check

Link for reference:

https://kb.netgear.com/22892/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-102-202-212-or-312 

Note: OS-reinstall is a safe method and the data is not impacted at all. This process reinstalls the firmware on the storage system and resets the administrator user name and password to factory defaults.

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements