× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104: How to manage an attached and identified APC UPS

RoyEsmonde
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104: How to manage an attached and identified APC UPS

I’ve just purchased an APC UPS (APC Back-UPS BE850G2 (BE850G2-UK)) and connected the UPS ‘Data Port’ to the USB port on the back of my ‘ReadyNAS 104’ ( 6.10.7) using the supplied cable.  My ReadyNAS gives me a message that a UPS has been detected (see attached screen grab).  But I can’t see any further ‘UPS’ tab or places on my Admin page to manage this UPS.  Under System/System/Settings/Alerts the UPS has a checked tickbox, but that’s about it.  Can I , or how can I manage my ReadyNAS and this APC UPS?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 104: How to manage an attached and identified APC UPS

@RoyEsmonde wrote:

I’ve just purchased an APC UPS (APC Back-UPS BE850G2 (BE850G2-UK)) and connected the UPS ‘Data Port’ to the USB port on the back of my ‘ReadyNAS 104’ ( 6.10.7) using the supplied cable.  My ReadyNAS gives me a message that a UPS has been detected (see attached screen grab).  But I can’t see any further ‘UPS’ tab or places on my Admin page to manage this UPS.  

There isn't much to manage - all I see on my own NAS is the abillity to set the NAS shutdown threshold (which defaults to "auto").  

But navigate to the "power" tab in the web ui, and you'll see a UPS section.  The APC UPS should be shown there, with a settings wheel.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@RoyEsmonde wrote:

I’ve just purchased an APC UPS (APC Back-UPS BE850G2 (BE850G2-UK)) and connected the UPS ‘Data Port’ to the USB port on the back of my ‘ReadyNAS 104’ ( 6.10.7) using the supplied cable.  My ReadyNAS gives me a message that a UPS has been detected (see attached screen grab).  But I can’t see any further ‘UPS’ tab or places on my Admin page to manage this UPS.  

There isn't much to manage - all I see on my own NAS is the abillity to set the NAS shutdown threshold (which defaults to "auto").  

But navigate to the "power" tab in the web ui, and you'll see a UPS section.  The APC UPS should be shown there, with a settings wheel.

Message 2 of 3
RoyEsmonde
Aspirant

Thank you very much, StephenB.

I was following a different online article which suggested the UPS would be seen under 'Settings'.  I should have checked 'Power'.  Great to know I do have 'Auto' and some other percentage options which I presume refer to UPS battery remaining.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements