× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 202 Share not appearing after firmware update but the data is still there.

Coffin_Jim
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 202 Share not appearing after firmware update but the data is still there.

Hi, my ReadyNAS 202 had a single share called "Shared_Data" (used by a couple of Mac users) which has worked fine for at least a year but I just updated the firmware and it is no longer appearing on the "Shares" page of the admin panel (all that is showing there now is "Home Folders") and I can't access the share as before. If I enter the NAS drive's ip address in the Windows file explorer I can browse to a "Shared_Data" folder which contains all the data that was saved to it and access it fine, it just isn't recognising it in the ReadyNAS admin page.

Anyone have a solution to this? Restoring the existing share would be preferable but if I created a new share and dragged the data from the existing folder to the newly created one in windows file explorer would that work?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 202 Share not appearing after firmware update but the data is still there.

@Coffin_Jim wrote:

Anyone have a solution to this? Restoring the existing share would be preferable but if I created a new share and dragged the data from the existing folder to the newly created one in windows file explorer would that work?

Paid support can solve this (my.netgear.com).  If you go this route, ask for per-incident support.

Creating a new share, and drag/drop (move) will also work, but the new share would need a new name.

If you have ssh enabled (and have some familiarity with the linux cli) there are some other things you can to do resolve it.

Message 2 of 4
Coffin_Jim
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 202 Share not appearing after firmware update but the data is still there.

I think i've solved it but hit another (possibly unrelated) issue. I created another share in the UI, went to Windows explorer and deleted the share's data folder the renamed the old share folder to match the name of the new share then finally renamed the new share to match what the old one was using the UI. It's working now but it seems to be mixing up the hostname I assigned it with the IP of my other ReadyNAS drive so having a look into that.

Message 3 of 4
Coffin_Jim
Aspirant

Nevermind, i'm all sorted now. They somehow ended up with the same IP address, changed them to static addresses and they are fine.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements