× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 Management Service Offline

Acajohn29
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 212 Management Service Offline

Hello everyone, 

I have had my ReadyNAS 212 up and running smoothly for a few years. Suddenly it says either that the device is not online or the Management Service is Offline. I've tried rebooting when the device was recognized. I've tried shutting down and restarting. I've tried the reset button on the back. Nothing brings it back to functioning. Everything I find in forums about this is both old and largely over my head. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 212 Management Service Offline

@Acajohn29 wrote:

Suddenly it says either that the device is not online or the Management Service is Offline. 

What is it? RAIDar?  Or something else?

If you

• power down
  • remove the disks (label by slot)
  • power up

does RAIDar show you a "no disks" status? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Acajohn29 wrote:

Suddenly it says either that the device is not online or the Management Service is Offline. 

What is it? RAIDar?  Or something else?

If you

• power down
  • remove the disks (label by slot)
  • power up

does RAIDar show you a "no disks" status? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 2 of 4
Acajohn29
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen B,

i took out the drive, it was recognized by RAIDar when I reinserted it but said the memory/storage was full, which it wasn't. I ended up just reformatting the whole thing now I've got a bunch more issues I don't seem capable of overcoming, specifically getting my music library back on the drive. I tried setting up the ReadyNAS vault, couldn't sign in, tried resetting password repeatedly and now am being told I have to contact support to get signed in. Very frustrating.

Message 3 of 4
Acajohn29
Aspirant

Things are up and running now. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements