× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 214 - Unable to update, install or uninstall apps

Rickjones80
Tutor

ReadyNAS 214 - Unable to update, install or uninstall apps

Hi

I have a RN214 which is unable to install or uninstall apps.

Currently the only app installed and the only app I use is Plex Media Server.  I have tried to install an update for Plex by manually uploading the update file however when I try to do that the update fails with an error message

"Apps Operation Failed - Application Plex Media server can not be installed" (see attached screenshot)

As a test I tried to install Idrive from the available apps screen but that also failed saying that the application could not be installed.

Also, whenever I try to uninstall Plex, the admin screen just refreshes and I get an email alert saying that plex can not be removed

The latest firmware is installed which is version 6.10.9

Plex itself works fine, I am just unable to update it or uninstall it or install any new apps?

Is there anything I can do to rectify this issue?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Rickjones80 wrote:

Hi

Currently the only app installed and the only app I use is Plex Media Server.  I have tried to install an update for Plex by manually uploading the update file however when I try to do that the update fails with an error message

"Apps Operation Failed - Application Plex Media server can not be installed" (see attached screenshot)

As a test I tried to install Idrive from the available apps screen but that also failed saying that the application could not be installed.

Also, whenever I try to uninstall Plex, the admin screen just refreshes and I get an email alert saying that plex can not be removed

Have you applied the patches in post #37 here?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Rickjones80 wrote:

Hi

Have you applied the patches in post #37 here?

Message 2 of 3
Rickjones80
Tutor

That worked! 🙂

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements