× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 214 keeps hanging

TheRealVicTap
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 keeps hanging

I just purchased two RN21400 to replace my RN102's. These keep hanging and closing connections at least once per day. I have to unplug the power cable since the front panel buttons do not work. After a hard re-boot, the logs do not have anything showing what's causing the issue. Both are now on 6.10.0 Hotfix 2 OS. Both have four brand new 4 TB 7K disks in a RAID 5 configuration. Both have 4 LUNS of 2 TB each connecting to two Hyper-V hosts via iSCSI. Both are sitting in a well ventilated area with room temperature at 74 F, CPU temp at 46 C, and average disk temp at 42 C. This is getting annoying and I have already lost files I had to recover through my DR suite.

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 214 keeps hanging

What apps are installed on the NAS?

When did this problem begin?  Do you recall the firmware that was running?

@TheRealVicTap wrote:

After a hard re-boot, the logs do not have anything showing what's causing the issue.

Did you look through the log zip file?  Or did you mean the log entries on the web admin page?

Either way, I suggest downloading the log zip file, and sending a PM (Private Message) to @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V asking them to analyze them.  Don't post a link to the logs publicly.  The Private Message facility is accessed by clicking on the envelope link in the top right of the forum.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements