× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 2304 and RN2120 snapshots scheduled when NAS is powered off

Obiwan_
Apprentice

ReadyNAS 2304 and RN2120 snapshots scheduled when NAS is powered off

I have a couple of RN2304s and a rn2120. I turn off the units at 8pm and back on in the mornings at 10. I want to use daily shapshots, but they are taken at midnight. Will the snapshot be taken when the unit is powered back on or is there a way to schedule daily snapshots at times other than midnight??

Thanks,

Kent

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

No, when powered on, the ReadyNAS will not perform any task that was skipped because the unit was off when it was scheduled.  You can select the times and days for snapshots if you use custom snapshots.

@Obiwan_: Custom Snapshots also let you limit retention, which is very helpful in managing disk space.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

No, when powered on, the ReadyNAS will not perform any task that was skipped because the unit was off when it was scheduled.  You can select the times and days for snapshots if you use custom snapshots.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

@Obiwan_: Custom Snapshots also let you limit retention, which is very helpful in managing disk space.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements