× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3138. Domain Authentication.

Jpr311
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3138. Domain Authentication.

I have our device set for domain authentication at our root in hopes of seeing our trusted domains. However even with the box checked to include trusted domains I am not able to see anything besides our root accounts. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNAS 3138. Domain Authentication.

Where are you trying to see the trusted users? In the UI? 

If you're configuring permissions through Explorer, then the system should catch them. I don't have a trusted domain controller setup to really look at, at the moment... 

Message 2 of 3
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ReadyNAS 3138. Domain Authentication.

@Jpr311 wrote:

I have our device set for domain authentication at our root in hopes of seeing our trusted domains. However even with the box checked to include trusted domains I am not able to see anything besides our root accounts. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Hi Jpr311,

You must set trusted domain user permission via domain windows client, then refresh the nas admin UI, you would catch the trusted domain user, suppose there exist domain 1 and domain 2, they are trusted domain with each other, first you make your nas join in domain 1 as enable "include trusted domains ", second login domain1, access your nas share s1 via smb in domain1, and set one trusted domain(domain2) user's access permission via share security page, last, switch to nas admin UI, check share s1's  File Access page, would see the trusted domain user you just set, if you use the trusted domain user to access share, there would generate trusted domain user home folder at admin UI home folder.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements