× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3138 Routing app traffic over specific nic ports

bsexton330
Follower

ReadyNAS 3138 Routing app traffic over specific nic ports

Hello

I'm hoping this is possible...

I nic01 connected to my general LAN network (192.168.1.0) and nic03 connected to my VPN network (vlan88... 192.168.88.0).  This is my home network and I have it built using Ubiquiti UniFi gear including a UniFi Security Gateway (USG).

I want my Plex and fileshare traffic to remain on 192.168.1.0 network and have Tranmission and Utorrent traffic to route through the 192.168.88.0 network were my USG with tunnel it over my VPN service.

Is this possible?  Is there a way to "assign apps to interfaces"?

Thank you for any help you can provide!!  I'm Googled out on this topic.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 Routing app traffic over specific nic ports

Hi @bsexton330, interesting scenario. I'm not using it currently, but poking around on the internet I found this, which needs cli and some code compiling as far as I understand. It might be at least worth for you to take a quick glance. Kind regards

http://daniel-lange.com/archives/53-Binding-applications-to-a-specific-IP.html

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 3138 Routing app traffic over specific nic ports

@bsexton330

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately there's no possible way to assign App data traffic to a specific NIC of the NAS. If you are comfortable with CLI, you may want to check on @Retired_Member posted article.

But since that is not a supported configuration there's no guarantee that it will work with ReadyNAS.

HTH

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements