× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314-Firmware 6.9.5 Antivirus?

Ray2
Luminary

ReadyNAS 314-Firmware 6.9.5 Antivirus?

Turned off the built-in antivirus on my ReadyNAS 314 some time back due to continuous and annoying false positives.

Not sure what version I was running when I turned it off---but now up to version 6.9.5.

Can anyone say whether it has been improved and issues resolved in their experience?

Thank you.

Model: RN31442D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS 314-Firmware 6.9.5 Antivirus?

Hi @Ray2 , antivirus service is running fine on my RN426 without any annoying false positive reports since I put that into production 201810. Current firmware is 6.9.5.

Have disabled antivirus on older RN204 (backup nas) and RN104 (guineapig nas) for performance reasons.

I would just enable it on your RN314 and let it run for a few days. Then decide again, whether you want to keept it or not.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 4
Ray2
Luminary

Thank you for your observations. I will give it a try again and see what happens.

I will reply after a while to let readers know the results.

Message 3 of 4
Ray2
Luminary

I turned it back on and it still picking up about 30 old archived Word documents created in the late 90's in the Win95 days. It involves several different folders and each folder contains a variety of other files that aren't being picked up as infected--so that it is not the entire folder that it is picking up.  Says it is a legacy Trojan.  BUT I have checked not all, but an assortment of these files with two different anti-virus programs and malware bytes too and they come up clean.

I'm thinking of turning it off again unless anyone has a further thought, that does NOT include deleting the files, which I am loathe to do?

Model: RN31442D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements