× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 422

tpayne10
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 422

New user and liked the ease in which to get ReadyNAS up and running.

Activated Cloud app to sync with my Google Drive account last night before going to bed.

This morning, it appears that all files sync'd except all of my Google Doc files. These are some of the most important documents for running my business.

QUESTION: How can I get these Google Doc format files to sync in ReadyNAS?

Thanks!

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

No, a link is not a file.  Since what is on your computer is just a link to an online document, your actual files are already on Google, so there is no need to back them up (and likely why Google Sync doesn't try).

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
RongqingL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,tpayne10:

what's your readynas 422 firmware version and what's the type of your Google Doc format files?

thanks

Message 2 of 9
tpayne10
Aspirant

On the very latest firmware. Updated it yesterday as soon as I got the box up and running.

The google document file extensions include:

.gsheets

.gdoc

Message 3 of 9
tpayne10
Aspirant

Sorry...that would be version 6.9.4

Message 4 of 9
RongqingL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,tpayne10:

Thanks for your reply.Because of your Google Doc format files were edited as a link and saved to GoogleDrive but our ReadyNAS does not support sync Google file with this link type.Sorry for your inconvenience and we will improve our products to meet your requirements in future.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
tpayne10
Aspirant

Seems odd. To me a file is a file. So, that app is useless to me.

I am not familiar with many apps on the ReadyNAS. Would you recommend one that would do a good job autosyncing my Google Drive files on my local computer to the ReadyNAS?

Message 6 of 9
RongqingL
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,tpayne10:

Sorry for your inconvenience. Because of your google file is created online and can only be edited by google browser but now we don't support sync this file to ReadyNAS.I recommend that you can change the google file to Microsoft type file then you can sync them to NAS. If you really want to download your Google file to your readynas.I think that you can choose "Download" button in GoogleDrive to download file to your local PC firstly.Then you can upload the file to your ReadyNAS from your PC.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

No, a link is not a file.  Since what is on your computer is just a link to an online document, your actual files are already on Google, so there is no need to back them up (and likely why Google Sync doesn't try).

Message 8 of 9
tpayne10
Aspirant

Understand.

I did reuse a sourceforge.net application that I have used for years where I can backup my entire Google Drive. Just in case...I now have the Google docs links backing up. It padded my comfort zone and I am good with that.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Tim

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements