× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS (6.10.5) Configuration Restore

Noverun
Aspirant

ReadyNAS (6.10.5) Configuration Restore

I backed up the configuration and received a Zip folder.

When I go to System > Settings > Restore - Browse and select the Zip file or any conf. files within the zip I receive this message "the backup image is damaged, or the volumes do not match"

Message 1 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS (6.10.5) Configuration Restore

@Noverun

Welcome to the Community!

Have you made any changes to the volume name of your NAS? or did you perform Factory reset before restore?

Have you tried renaming the volume to the same name before the restore? or redownloading the configuration using a different browser.

HTH

Message 2 of 8
Noverun
Aspirant

No name changes. The volumes were 4x4TB now they are 4x8TB.

That is the only change that has been made. I actually didn't know the device would factory reset when i swapped the volumes out. I was giving myself a safety net by downloading that configuration backup for everything just in case something went south. So here we are standing south and the backup file is "damaged"

I can't download it from a different browser now that the config is different. I basically need that config that I already have to work and it seems that I am out of cards to try here.

Message 3 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Noverun

Have you hotswapped the drives? Expanding should not initiate a Factory, Both 8TB drives successfully resynced? If there was a Factory reset the volume name could have changed. That could be reason you are getting the error.

Message 4 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

If you still have the original drives, just put them back in and save the configuration again.  Your NAS didn't "reset" because you replaced with new drives.  The OS, including configuration, is stored on the drives, not in the NAS flash, so you started from a fresh configuration slate with fresh drives.  That old configuration is still on the old drives and will be used when you boot from them since you replaced them all at once.

Message 5 of 8
Noverun
Aspirant

Old - 4x4TB drives (backup downloaded) New - 4x8TB drives

Okay, so can I put 2 of the original Drives back in and grab / backup the config and then swap them out so the config will carry over to the new setup?

Message 6 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you backup the config again it might be best to use custom leaving out Share access if you have a new setup.

Message 7 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

If only two of the old drives are available and untouched, you could put in just one of them and the system will boot but say the volume is inaccessible.  You'd still be able to back up the configuration, but I don't know if the missing volume will have any impact on the backup.  But I don't think it can hurt to try.  Worst that would happen is it would refuse to restore it.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements