× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

jmann
Aspirant

I've just upgraded my Duo with a Kingston KVR333X64SC25/1G module and it appears to work fine.

I've not yet run a memory test, but there have been no operational glitches so far.
Message 151 of 450
horim80
Guide

Hi,

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB (ST3500418AS) Working ok with RADIator 4.1.4 or newer.
Message 152 of 450
Action
Aspirant

Are you testing the new WD RE4-GP?

Is this under test? Any idea of when we can expect some results? I'm not a fan of Seagates and would really choose not to install them in any of my readynas setups. However for over 1TB drives, Seagate 1.5TB drives are the only ones listed on the compatibility list of over 1TB...

Has the HD compatibility list been updated since the release of 4.1.5? In the compatibility list there are lots of references to 4.1.5, when released, fixing issues with drives. Does 4.1.5 definately fix the issues with the WD GP drives?
Message 153 of 450
cltmmm
Aspirant

HP Laserjet 1006 is temperamental. It is hit and miss with Windows + Bonjour.
Message 154 of 450
Copernicus2
Aspirant

Can the ReadyNAS NV+ use DDR 2 ram? I have a stick of 1GB DDR2 (16 chip) 200-pin ram that I pulled from my Asus 1000he netbook that I can't use on anything else. I
Message 155 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

Copernicus wrote:
Can the ReadyNAS NV+ use DDR 2 ram?
No, the NV+/Duo/1100 use DDR1. The NVX/2100 use DDR2.
Message 156 of 450
Action
Aspirant

Any chance that the HD compatibilty list can be updated in this area?

Western Digital GP drives - The WD GP (Green Power) drives are known to generate ATA errors when disk spin down is enabled with the ReadyNAS 600, Duo, NV+ and 1100. RAIDiator 4.1.5 when released will allow these drives to work with these models. ReadyNAS Pro and Pro Pioneer are not effected by this issue and WD GP drives can be used with these systems. Please use the list above to see which GP drives have been qualified.

Now that 4.1.5 has been released, and if it really does completely address the problems with the GP drives, shouldn't it say something about use the GP drives only with 4.1.5 or greater? Some mention of compatibility consistent with what was once listed for Seagate and Maxtor would be good documentation.
Message 157 of 450
acalvo
Star

I have ReadyNas DUO and I found in a shop of my city this UPS: BACK-UPS APC CS 500 (BK500EI)
but this UPS appears INCOMPATIBLE in the Readynas´s HCL

But in previous message of this post appear this:

Riccardo:
Two months ago I bought an APC Back-UPS CS 500 (Italian Version) and it works fine attached to a Ready Nas NV+ (4x500GB Raid-X 4.1.4).

Two weeks ago I bought another Ready Nas same configuration and I connected it to same UPS, setting in Frontview Enable network monitoring of attached UPS and all is working very fine.
I simulated Main power failure and after 10 minutes both Ready Nas automatically shutdown in a smooth way.
Now , giving a look to compatibility list of UPS, I read :INCOMPATIBLE APC Back-UPS CS 500 - reported by mash.
Not true in my experience since now.

Is it a mistake of the ReadyNas´s HCL? would I have some problems with this USP in the future?

Thanks
Message 158 of 450
Sunnyside1
Aspirant

Hello folks, new Duo owner here. I did a few searches but came up empty, will the HP deskjet 882c work with the duo? I see the 880c is listed. So far I've not been successful in getting my printer to be recognized by my duo.

thanks in advance,
-Sunnyside

UPDATE:

All fixed. unplugged / replugged the usb cable from the printer and now it's working fine. Looks like it just needed to be messed with a bit.
Message 159 of 450
L_Ours_POlaiR
Aspirant

hi,

just to specifiy that Western Digital Caviar Black 1000 Go - 32 Mo work very good inside a readynas duo 😄
WD1001FALS
Message 160 of 450
solarguy1
Aspirant

Greetings!

How about compatibility of the Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B 1TB drive with the Duo? I see the Hitachi Deskstar 250GB, 400GB, and 500GB units on the list, but not the 1TB.

Thanks.....
Message 161 of 450
christof2
Aspirant

I looked at the list and wasn't sure what the squeezebox 1/2/3 was, can anyone tell me if the Logitech Squeezebox Duet is compatible?
Message 162 of 450
solarguy1
Aspirant

For what it's worth, I went ahead and got the Hitachi 1TB disks (2) and put them in. It seems to be working fine so far.

Cheers!
Roger D.
Message 163 of 450
victoryariina
Aspirant

Hi folks.
Got a question. It might seem stupid for someone, but i am really trying to understand the readynas stuff, hoping to buy one in the future. 😄
OK. here we go... Compatibility list.
There are not that many Netgear routers in this list. So if i planing to have nas duo (or any other nas) and having for ex. wpn824, it will not work for me? According to that, here is the BIG info request:
are there any special requirement for the router to be in the compability list??? OR this list is build after the users experiment?
Best regards
//V.
Message 164 of 450
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are so many routers out there that it's impossible for NetGear to test them all and add all of the ones that work to the list. Most routers work fine particularly the newer they are.
Message 165 of 450
InterClaw
Aspirant

Any idea when 2TB drives will get official support? I'm running out of space...
Message 166 of 450
manfredell
Aspirant

InterClaw wrote:

It sure is taking a long time!
Message 167 of 450
ekalish
Aspirant

The MAXTOR One Touch 4 Plus 1 TB USB Drive once formatted works perfectly.
Message 168 of 450
Cronus130
Aspirant

manfredell wrote:
InterClaw wrote:

It sure is taking a long time!

+1
Message 169 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

InterClaw wrote:

The add-on to allow use of the WD RE4-GP drives is now available in the Hard Drive HCL. Currently the only units not approved to use with these drives are the NV+, Duo or the 3200. We however should have support for these systems soon.
Message 170 of 450
manfredell
Aspirant

Han Solo wrote:
InterClaw wrote:

The add-on to allow use of the WD RE4-GP drives is now available in the Hard Drive HCL. Currently the only units not approved to use with these drives are the NV+, Duo or the 3200. We however should have support for these systems soon.

What about the WD20EADS ???
Message 171 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

manfredell wrote:
Han Solo wrote:
InterClaw wrote:

What about the WD20EADS ???

The WD20EADS are next on the list.
Message 172 of 450
manfredell
Aspirant

Han Solo wrote:

Great. Does this mean I can use this patch (already installed) and use the drives (waiting)?

Thx!
Message 173 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

manfredell wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

Great. Does this mean I can use this patch (already installed) and use the drives (waiting)?

Thx!

Unfortunately No. The patch only works on the WD2002FYPS 2TB RE4 GP drives. The command set used in the patch does not work on the WD20EADS. This is a limitation that WD has on the WD20EADS drives. We are working with WD to come up with a patch that will support both the WD20EADS and the WD2002FYPS drives.
Message 174 of 450
manfredell
Aspirant

Han Solo wrote:
manfredell wrote:
Han Solo wrote:

Thx!

Unfortunately No. The patch only works on the WD2002FYPS 2TB RE4 GP drives. The command set used in the patch does not work on the WD20EADS. This is a limitation that WD has on the WD20EADS drives. We are working with WD to come up with a patch that will support both the WD20EADS and the WD2002FYPS drives.

OK. I have installed the patch. I presume that this won't be a problem when you release the patch for the WD20EADS? If yes, than how do I uninstall this one?

Thx again
Message 175 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements