× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo 2110 V1 with 1 x 1TB HDD - easy to add a second HDD to mirror?

hamslice
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo 2110 V1 with 1 x 1TB HDD - easy to add a second HDD to mirror?

Hi All

I have a ReadyNAS 2110 V1 Duo with a 1 x 1TB HDD. I did this as I wasn't sure it would work.

This now has a load of MP3s copied to it and is all set up and working. 

Firmware is 4.1.16.

Now I am thinking of adding another 1TB HDD to mirror the first. How easy is this?

Would things have to be setup again, or can I just add it and set it to mirror?

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter, RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo 1TB (1 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo 2110 V1 with 1 x 1TB HDD - easy to add a second HDD to mirror?

@hamslice

If you have let the NAS set it up for you the first time it should be using X-RAID. On XRAID everything is automated including expansion so once you have added a new drive, it will be detected and be added on the current volume changing the RAID configuration to RAID1. Please note that on RAID1 no increase on volume capacity will happen since the other drive will be used as mirror, you will have protection since your RAID will be RAID1.

It is also best to do backup on an external drive before you attempt to add the drive, this is for security and redundancy as well of your data.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hamslice

If you have let the NAS set it up for you the first time it should be using X-RAID. On XRAID everything is automated including expansion so once you have added a new drive, it will be detected and be added on the current volume changing the RAID configuration to RAID1. Please note that on RAID1 no increase on volume capacity will happen since the other drive will be used as mirror, you will have protection since your RAID will be RAID1.

It is also best to do backup on an external drive before you attempt to add the drive, this is for security and redundancy as well of your data.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
hamslice
Aspirant

Thanks!

I thought so, but just wanted to check.

Cheers - its great you support legacy products 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements