× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2 unlock

DJGlukBH
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2 unlock

Hi,   I've bought a used ReadyNAS Duo V2 and it's a great device. Unfortunately, previous owner got it registered and no longer has access to email that he used...   I've reset the device according to the manual but I'm unable to do anything since it seems to be kinda locked Smiley Sad   Could you please kindly reset its registration for serial <redacted>? So I could register it for my email and set it up?   Thanks, Vasiliy

Model: RND2110v2|READYNAS DUO v2 (1TB: 1 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v2 unlock

Hi DJGlukBH,

We cannot change the registration of the NAS since the warranty is for the original purchaser only and it is not transferrable. You should still be able to use the NAS even though it is not registered under your email address.

I have checked the NAS model based on the serial number and it appears that your NAS is a Duo v1. You can also check this link for reference on how to determine if your NAS is Duo v1 or v2.

You can follow the steps here on how to access the boot menu and select the factory reset option.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DJGlukBH,

We cannot change the registration of the NAS since the warranty is for the original purchaser only and it is not transferrable. You should still be able to use the NAS even though it is not registered under your email address.

I have checked the NAS model based on the serial number and it appears that your NAS is a Duo v1. You can also check this link for reference on how to determine if your NAS is Duo v1 or v2.

You can follow the steps here on how to access the boot menu and select the factory reset option.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
DJGlukBH
Aspirant

@JohnCM_S wrote:

Hi DJGlukBH,

Regards,

Dear John,

Thank you so much for the provided info. I was able to follow instruction steps and reset the device.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements