× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

claynz
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

Hi, not sure if my model NAS is a ReadyNAS Duo V1 or ReadyNAS Duo V2 and have attached an image for verification.

I am trying to update the firmware from v4.1.13 to to v4.1.16 as found when checking for updates, so I proceed to Perform System Update and says updating but nothing happens other than the blue update button flashes.

I have already done a hard reset on the unit.

I have also downloaded the firmware image RAIDiator-arm-5.3.13.zip and done a local update the orb just goes round and round for awhile until it dissapears

I have aslo fried Edge, Chrome, IE broswers.

Model: RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi claynz,

Your NAS is a ReadyNAS Duo v1 based on the firmware on it. Duo v1 runs on RAIDiator 4.1.x while the Duo v2 runs on 5.3.x.

Have you tried manually uploading the firmware to the NAS? If not, you may try that and see if it will proceed with the update.

You may download the 4.1.16 firmware here. Open the zip file then extract the firmware file from it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi claynz,

Your NAS is a ReadyNAS Duo v1 based on the firmware on it. Duo v1 runs on RAIDiator 4.1.x while the Duo v2 runs on 5.3.x.

Have you tried manually uploading the firmware to the NAS? If not, you may try that and see if it will proceed with the update.

You may download the 4.1.16 firmware here. Open the zip file then extract the firmware file from it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
claynz
Aspirant

Thanks, that worked fine

Message 3 of 10
claynz
Aspirant

I'm also trying to reset this unit but nothing is happenning, fan sounds alittle louder than before 

I have powered off the NAS held in the reset with papper clip and powered on, once the drive lights flash I removed the paper clip.

It usually shows up in the RAIDar software but doesn't anymore 

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@claynz wrote:

I have powered off the NAS held in the reset with papper clip and powered on, once the drive lights flash I removed the paper clip.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf is the correct procedure.

If you did this correctly, it is possible that the duo would go incommunicado for a bit while the system is installing.

Message 5 of 10
claynz
Aspirant

Finally got it working and now in Volume Setup, do I select Flex-Raid for JBOD? I don't want to RAID them 

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@claynz wrote:

Finally got it working and now in Volume Setup, do I select Flex-Raid for JBOD? I don't want to RAID them 

Yes, you'd select FlexRAID.  You might end up with a single RAID-0 volume - one way to avoid that is to do a factory reset with only one disk installed, and select RAID-0 for the volume type.   Then add the second disk and create a second volume on it later.

Message 7 of 10
claynz
Aspirant

Managed to install 1 disk RAID0, fan is very noisy now

Will add the second disk as see what happens

Configuration: RAID Level 0, Single disk 
Status: Not redundant. A disk failure will render this volume dead.
Message 8 of 10
claynz
Aspirant

Thanks, I now have seperate volumes 2 x 2TB drives.

But whats up with the high fan noise? I'll let it run for awhile and see if it calms down.

I added a 10TB drive to the unit the other day and added fine but the high fan noise put me off and went back to the 2 x 2TB drives

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@claynz wrote:

But whats up with the high fan noise? I'll let it run for awhile and see if it calms down.

The fan can run fast during the setup process, but it should calm down once it's finished.

There is a calibrate function you could try.

@claynz wrote:

I added a 10TB drive to the unit the other day and added fine

The Duo can't handle drives bigger than 2 TB.  It might appear to work, but you will end up with < 2 TB of storage.  The exact amount depends on the disk size you insert.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements