× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo issues

mothrat1980
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo issues

Basic info:

Windows 10 1803, Raidar Version 4.3.8, ReadyNAS Duo RND2000v2

I have a readyNAS Duov2 device. It's been in storage quite a while but I thought I's get it out and see if it will work.

I have two 2TB disk, each of which are fully working. I am running RAIDar 4.3.8 (I read it's the only one that supports RAID 0)

When I boot it up, the program finds the two disks, but it says corrupt image. I did some searching and most posts said to do a factory reset, which I did, powered off, held the reset button, powered on, waited for 5 seconds. Got into the program, same thing. All the while, my ReadyNAS leds are flashing, 3 long flashes followed by 3 quick ones. This time the reading says to go into the boot menu and do a reset.

So I turn it all off, hold the reset button and wait for all the LEDs to flash. Except they don't all flash, the blue power light is constantly flashing and the two disk lights flash once every 20 seconds or so.

When I do release the reset switch, I get the power light flashing and a solid green light on disk 2, which supposedly means memory check. OK, I leave it to run for an hour. Then reboot. I still have the corrupt boot on the RAIDar program.

Can anyone advise? Am i wasting my time trying to get this to work?

Thanks

David

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mothrat1980
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo issues

So I got this working finally, I did a reset and once both the disk led lights had flashed I just started pressing the backup button. After about 30 seconds of that the led under the power button started flashing and the device showed on RAIDar without the corrupt error message.

SO now that works, but I can't access the admin page; but that's another post.

David

View solution in original post

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mothrat1980
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo issues

So I got this working finally, I did a reset and once both the disk led lights had flashed I just started pressing the backup button. After about 30 seconds of that the led under the power button started flashing and the device showed on RAIDar without the corrupt error message.

SO now that works, but I can't access the admin page; but that's another post.

David

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements