× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v1 - Samsung 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 confirmed working

st_1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v1 - Samsung 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 confirmed working

Just wanted to contribute to the HCL on memory modules for the ReadyNAS Duo v1.

I purchased a new (but probably old new stock) Samsung SO-DIMM from Chinese (Hong Kong) Ebay seller.

I received it yesterday, and first ran the module in old laptop w. Memtest (successfully), and then replaced the original 256MB Unigen module with the new Samsung.

It worked without a hitch on first try, and has been chugging happily along for a day now.

With 256MB memory, I seemed to have problems runnning the logitech squeezebox server software with my, fairly large music library.

This now seems to run much better, even though I took the opportunity to upgrade the logitech software at the same time.

Because of installation procedure for the logitech software, the Duo has been restarted multiple times, and there has been no problems.

The items for sale was labelled as:

"Samsung 1GB PC2700 DDR333 333Mhz 200PIN Laptop SO-DIMM Memory" at GBP 4.30.

And i chose "Free shipping via mail". Shipping time was 18 days - very reasonable for the price.

Although the delivered product is according to the description on Ebay, it visually diverges from the picture on Ebay.

In sellers pic, the module is labelled as CL3, whereas the one I got was CL2.5, just as advertised in the text.

The model as printed on the label is "PC2700S-25331-E0 1GB DDR PC2700 CL2.5", and the serial (guess)is "M470L2923F60-CB3   1010".

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v1 - Samsung 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 confirmed working

Hello st_1,

We greatly appreciate you contribution to the community. This helps a lot specially that legacy units' hard drive compatibility list is unlikely to get updated.

Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions and questions.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
st_1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v1 - Samsung 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 confirmed working

Only happy to share my experiences.

The Duo has served me faithfully for five years or more, so I though I'd give something back to everyone else still using the device

Next, I am considering replacing the fan - hope to find something more quiet-running than the (now ageing) stock fan. Better to replace it before it breaks than after the unit overheats... 🙂

Cheers

st1

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements