× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo vs. Synology DS211J

ganymede55
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo vs. Synology DS211J

After doing some research, I narrowed my search down to these 2 models to be within the price/performance range I am thinking about. I realize this might be a biased group, but I would appreciate any comparisons others have made in similar research. The general sense I am getting is the ReadyNAS is more affordable and has a USB backup and XRAID, but the Synology has a better UI ("it just runs" seems to be a theme) and has better performance. Along those lines, what is the expected performance of a ReadyNAS. I have a Gigabit router with CAT6 cables that can hit close to 100 MB/s (800 Mbps) on transfers between computers. I have read that the Synology will get me in the 50 MB/s (400 Mbps) range for reads and some higher ReadyNAS models run anywhere from 30 MB/s (240 Mbps) to 60 MB/s (480 Mbps) for reads, but I can't find anything on the Duo.
Message 1 of 2
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: ReadyNAS Duo vs. Synology DS211J

There has been a similar discussion previously. Perhaps reading through it will help.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements