× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Idea Exchange - is there ever progress

aks-2
Apprentice

ReadyNAS Idea Exchange - is there ever progress

I was just looking through the ideas section, and most date back years and remain open, under consideration, etc. It seems that very few convert to implemented.

Now I am well aware that it's hard to commit to major developments, but most appear fairly trivial, e.g. allow setting admin dashboard  timeout, or show backup progress - there are two entries - but the last update was Jan'2018.

Whilst it is great to have an ideas section, it's not that great that there is never any progress Smiley Frustrated.

I have been using ReadyNAS for over 10 years, I trust these NAS's for file storage, which is my primary use case, but a little progress on some of the feedback would be great Smiley LOL.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage, RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
nsne
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyNAS Idea Exchange - is there ever progress

I think it's just a matter of time before Netgear announces that the entire ReadyNAS line is EoL. No new models in four years, long periods between incremental OS updates, and the user community and developer activity are now almost entirely around Synology and QNAP. The almost nonexistent adoption of feature suggestions is just one more symptom that leaves longtime ReadyNAS loyalists desperately looking for a pulse.

Message 2 of 4
aks-2
Apprentice

I want to remain positive, just a crumb would do, but you may be right that other consumer class products are getting more attention. NAS's are not sexy, clound is easy for many users, are we just stuck in the dark ages storing all our data locally Smiley LOL.

Message 3 of 4
aks-2
Apprentice

Sorry for another post, I can't see edit anywhere (anymore?).

If we get stranded, perhaps a good final dump to the community might help us all out, yes I mean turn OS6 over to open source....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements