× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ DOA Following Move

bhalmstrum
Follower

ReadyNAS NV+ DOA Following Move

I have four ReadyNAS NV+ that have worked well for years.  My family recently relocated to a different state and none of the units will power on once unpacked at the new home.  I'm at a loss. If only one unit failed I would think PSU, but all four failing at the same time seems like too much of a coincidence.

Any insight or ideas on how to get any of them to power on to retrieve data would be greatly appreciated.  Each unit has 4x2TB.  Two units are used as backup for the other two.

Model: RND4210v1|READYNAS NV+ v1 (2TB: 2 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ DOA Following Move

Are the units completely dead - no lights at all, nothing on the LCD, no fan noise when you press the power button?

You might want to open the chassis, and check that the RAM is seated, and that there is no damage inside.  Though is does see very unlikely that all four failed in the same way.

As far as recovery goes, you'd need a way to connect at least three disks to a PC.  If you can do that, then R-Studio is a fairly inexpensive RAID recovery program that can extract the data.  https://www.r-studio.com/

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements