× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ - The remote device or resource will not accept the connection

StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ - The remote device or resource will not accept the connection

@pimpyoda wrote:

Something odd happened when I tried to enable FTP on one of the shares and click "Apply" Now it says "No Shares Exist" when I click on Share Listings. 

Not a good sign.

Do you have a backup of the data on the NAS?

Message 26 of 30
pimpyoda
Aspirant

1) The hostname is readynas. Domain Name Server 1 was blank and it is greyed out, so I cannot enter anything in there. 

2) Masquerade was set to the hostname  (readynas). I tried to change it to the IP address instead, but it still didn't work. 

3) Got this error when trying to sync the clock to Netgear's servers:

Unable to connect to specified NTP server(s).

Message 27 of 30
pimpyoda
Aspirant

I don't have a backup of the NAS. Does that mean the data could be gone?

Message 28 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@pimpyoda wrote:

I don't have a backup of the NAS. Does that mean the data could be gone?

That is possible.

But it is also possible that you have a full root partition, and that the NAS configuration files have gotten corrupted.  That could also explain why we weren't able to gain access to the shares.

If you are the original purchaser, you can contact Netgear paid support (my.netgear.com) and they can troubleshoot remotely.  You'd boot up in tech support mode (one of the boot menu options), and give them a code that appears on the LCD screen.

Per-incident paid support is about $75 USD (I think).  If data recovery is needed, it would be a lot more expensive.  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service   

Note you don't want to pay for the "gearhead" support.  If you have difficulty getting per-incident support, the mods ( @JohnCM_S and @Marc_V  should be able to facilitate.

Message 29 of 30
pimpyoda
Aspirant

OK - thanks for trying to help with this.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements