× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Won't Power Up

ktupper
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Won't Power Up

Help!  I have a Ready NAS NV+.   It's been quite reliable until now.  We moved homes so I shut it down through the admin panel.   Carefully packed it with my desktop and personally transported it to our new home.   I tried to power it back up and it's as dead as can be.  

Unfortunately we have years of photos, videos, and backups on there.  Any suggestions?

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 10
fbmachines
Guide

Do you have any power? Does it try to boot?

I've seen the RAM module work loose during moving the unit around.  You might want to check that as it can cause booting issues. 

Message 2 of 10
ktupper
Aspirant

It doesn't do anything at all.  It acts like it's not even plugged in at all.

Where is the Ram Module?

Message 3 of 10
fbmachines
Guide

Message 4 of 10
ktupper
Aspirant

Not the RAM module.  

Still no power at all.  I think it may be the PSU.  I do have one of the serial numbers referenced below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-won-t-power-up/td-p/666755

A small percentage of ReadyNAS NV (revision B) and NV+ owners with low-noise fanless power supply unit (PSU) may encounter a premature failure of the PSU due to elevated temperature. The ReadyNAS systems affected have Serial numbers between 000DA2010FFE and 000DA2016000.
Although the warranty on Infrant-branded units is only one year, if your SN does fall within range, you should contact Netgear support for your area to arrange for a replacement.
Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@ktupper wrote:

Not the RAM module.  

Still no power at all.  I think it may be the PSU.  I do have one of the serial numbers referenced below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-won-t-power-up/td-p/666755

Then you should be able to get a free PSU replacement, even though you are out of warranty.

Message 6 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ktupper,

I think the support team have recently stopped sending free PSU for this legacy NAS as they have very limited stock. I believe they currently have 0 stock for it.

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
ktupper
Aspirant

Correct - I called and they gave me the part number to order it online elsewhere.

Message 8 of 10
cdubea
Aspirant

Pretty sure my PSU is dead as well. What was the part number they gave you?

Message 9 of 10
ktupper
Aspirant

Below is a link to the part that I ordered.

I received it a few days ago.  I installed it and everything worked fine.  Yesterday I just finished moving all of my files up to a Cloud Drive.  I will be shutting down my Ready NAS permanently.  

Would you like to by my barely used PSU that I bought from that link?    I am in the US.   You can send me a private message. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Netgear-ReadyNAS-Power-Supply-PSU-NV-NVX-NV-RND4PSU1-10000S-250W-replacement...

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements