× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ does not power on anymore

cwietholt
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ does not power on anymore

Today, I shutdown my 4 year old ReadyNAS NV+ to move it to a different location. Now it won't turn on anymore. I assume that the power supply is done. Is there a way to get a refurbished power supply, or maybe a new one?
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ does not power on anymore

Contact tech support and post your case/RMA number (whichever you get). If it is under warranty (or if the serial is in this range: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54911) you should be able to get a replacement PSU.
Message 2 of 7
cwietholt
Aspirant

Thank you for the link, I appreciate it. My ReadyNAS is over 4 years old, so I don't think it is still under warranty. My serial number is also just above the specified range. My last four digits are 796B instead of 6000. I might still give tech support a call tomorrow, maybe they can advice me to just get a new PSU instead of getting a whole new box. I just don't want to spend the USD100 for a new PSU and find out that the PSU is not the problem.
Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The warranty on the NV+ may have been 5 years when you purchased it, so your unit may still be under warranty.
Message 4 of 7
cwietholt
Aspirant

Yeah, I just noticed that after your post. Unfortunately, I had broken the warranty stickers in an effort to blow out the dust from the PSU. I didn't realize that I device had a 5 year warranty. I asked Netgear if they would still like to honor the warranty period. I am not very hopeful. We will see. Thanks for your comments.
Message 5 of 7
cwietholt
Aspirant

After reading numerous posts about PSU failures and having my warranty voided (my bad), I decided to get a PSU for my old NV+ and then start migrating my files to the new NV+ v2 which was just on sale at Amazon. This way I can use the old NV+ as a backup for the NV+ v2. Which should give me double redundancy with a fresh set of HDDs. I just hope that the is the issue with my old box.
Message 6 of 7
cloud1
Aspirant

Since you can't turn it on, seems the issue is with the box itself.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements