× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ needs new power supply

jfb1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ needs new power supply

Hello!

Like many other posts here, I've experienced a power supply failure on my ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000v1. I understand these devices are end of life, but I would like to see if I can get a power supply replacement in order to get it working again and migrate to a newer device. Any help is appreciated.

JFB

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 13
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ needs new power supply

If you are planning to get a new Readynas, there is a procedure to migrate your disks from an old Readynas to the new unit.  You would require Netgear support to help you with this, it is important not to insert the disks into the new unit until instructed by Netgear, and during the migration you would need to copy your data to another location (in other words you'd need some space somewhere to copy all your data).

if you went about it this way you would not need to get a new PSU, unless of course you wanted to repurpose the NV+ . 

Message 2 of 13
jfb1
Aspirant

Hello vandermerwe,

Yes, I was hoping to get a new power supply in order to get the ReadyNAS NV+ running again ASAP as I need access to that data for time critical assignments. I would then start a plan to migrate off the device onto a new device. I understand it's simply not a "swap disks" kind of thing. There is a LOT of data I would have to move to whatever temporary location I can come up with and that will take time as well. Is there a way I can get a PSU replacement?

Message 3 of 13
bedlam1
Prodigy

Message 4 of 13
bedlam1
Prodigy

or a better price here http://www.ebay.co.uk

Both linked companies here and in post above ship worldwide

Message 5 of 13
jfb1
Aspirant

Thanks bedlam1!

I'm in the US. Yes, I can find a PSU replacement but they are pricey. My understanding was that Netgear was honoring warranties because of faulty PSUs on the Netgear NV+. At least that is what I picked up from other posts here. I don't want to shell out a couple of hundred dollars on a PSU for a device that is end-of-life if I don't have to. But perhaps I will have no choice.

Thanks again,

JFB

Message 6 of 13
bedlam1
Prodigy

The replacements were only for a limited range of Serial No.'s if I remember correctly

Supply and shipping from UK would be about $100

Message 7 of 13
jfb1
Aspirant

Thanks bedlam1.

Do you happen to have the link to the affected serial #s? I cannot seem to locate on Netgear site. I'll keep searching. Thanks for the additional info on replacement PSU.

JFB

Message 8 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 9 of 13
jfb1
Aspirant

Thanks much mdgm.

Appears that my NAS is not within the serial # range. 😞    Shot in the dark, but wondering if Netgear has any compatible PSU's lying around? These devices are end of life. Ha! Really don't want to have to spend more than what the device is worth just to get a third-party replacement PSU. Yes, I am whining.

JFB

Message 10 of 13
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jfb1,

RND4PSU1-10000S is the part number for ReadyNAS NV+v1 PSU. You might want to try your luck checking if online resellers have this.

Regards,

Message 11 of 13
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jfb1,

RND4PSU1-10000S is the part number for ReadyNAS NV+v1 PSU. You might want to try your luck checking if online resellers have this.

Regards,

Message 12 of 13
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jfb1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements