× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ power supply

achatter01
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ power supply

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ that I purchased long back 2007/2008 timeframe. It has worked excellently thus far, but yesterday I powered down from the admin panel and today when I tried to power up, it is stone dead. Looks like the Power Supply has failed. What's my recourse? I have backups, but not full. Can I take the disks out and try to plug them into an external drive case and try to backup the data that way? Are there replacement PSU's? I saw several posts on this, but they seem to be all quite old. Will Netgear replace the PSU?

Hoping to get advice on how to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 12
achatter01
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ power supply

Created an online support ticket (28073258). Hopefully someone from the Netgear team will address soon.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 12
The_Good_Ed
Tutor

I suffered a PSU failure in my NV+ a couple of years ago. Netgear support thankfully had replacements in stock. Was an easy replacement - these older boxes are built like tanks!

Best of luck...

Message 3 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

Do a search on "legacy power supply" and you'll find a post by me about changing the pin-out on a standard Flex ATX supply.  One caution not covered there, because I did not know they existed and the thread is now closed, do not use a supply with two +12V busses.  You cannot safely just tie them together.

Message 4 of 12
achatter01
Aspirant

Thanks for the pointers. Not very confident of changing pin-outs on an existing power supply. Are there some videos/instructions for doing that?

Thanks again!

Model: ReadyNASRND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 5 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello achatter01,

I suggest you contact support in purchasing PSU, however, do do not provide support in replacing the PSU. For replacing the PSU, please see if you can follow instructions at in this article.

Regards,

Message 6 of 12
bedlam1
Prodigy

Check out HERE

or Here

Both ship worldwide

Message 7 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@achatter01 wrote:

Created an online support ticket (28073258). Hopefully someone from the Netgear team will address soon.

Thanks!

Can't see any case with that number. Also you didn't specify the serial number when registering your NV+.

Message 8 of 12
achatter01
Aspirant

The S/N was added under a different email ID which I don't use anymore. So when I tried creating the case, it wouldn't let me add the S/N to the case. Any suggestions on how I can add it to my current profile?

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNASRND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 9 of 12
achatter01
Aspirant

Thanks bedlam1. Any experience purchasing from them (based out of UK looks like)?

Message 10 of 12
Sandshark
Sensei

I didn't think to make a video or take pictures when I did it.  But you might find generic videos on pulling the pins on an ATX connector.  Pulling the pins is the hard part unless you purchase a tool for that (which is pretty cheap on eBay).  You could cut and splice instead of pulling pins.  If the supply doesn't have the 4-pin CPU power connector and you have to use the drive connector wires for the additojnal 12V, that's about the only way to do it, anyway.

Message 11 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@achatter01 wrote:

The S/N was added under a different email ID which I don't use anymore. So when I tried creating the case, it wouldn't let me add the S/N to the case. Any suggestions on how I can add it to my current profile?

If you PM me some more details perhaps we could do a profile merge.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements