× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ won't boot

gregabyte
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ won't boot

Hello,

I started having a problem with my readynas nv+ last week: I noticed the screen was blank (it had green backlighting and a black bar across the bottom, but no letters) and the fan was blasting. A few minutes later, it went off and would not go back on. I figured power supply, and called tech support and they sent a new one. I installed it, and as soon as I plug it in (without even hitting power button), the screen lights up the same way again and the fan starts blasting, but nothing else happens. I unplugged it immediately, thinking I didn't want to ruin another power supply. Does this mean my unit is dead? It's over 5 yrs old and I'm fine retiring it if I can get the data off of it. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ won't boot

Try holding the power button in for 30 seconds before connecting the power again. It sound like something in the CMOS may have gotten stuck "on".
Message 2 of 3
gregabyte
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ won't boot

Thanks - I gave that a try, but it still blasted the fan and lit up as soon as I plugged it in.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements