× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Virusscanner

PeterCol
Aspirant

ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Virusscanner

Hello,

Sinds the installation of OS 6.10.0 I can't find the virusscan anymore. I have looked in Settings, but the Virusscanner is gone. I also can't find in de log that the virusscanner get new definition files.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Peter.

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
PeterCol
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.10.0 Virusscanner

Thanks for your answers and time.

Greetings,

Peter

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Is this on an RN102 or an RN104?

Netgear removed the antivirus feature on the RN100 platforms in OS 6.10.  The platform only has 512MB of RAM, and no longer has the resources needed to run all the services.

Message 2 of 6
PeterCol
Aspirant

Yes, it is a ReadyNAS 104.

Thanks.

Peter.

Message 3 of 6
PeterCol
Aspirant

Is it possible to clame a part of de harddisks and use that for the virusscanner?

Greetings,

Peter.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@PeterCol wrote:

Is it possible to clame a part of de harddisks and use that for the virusscanner?

No.  The issue is memory and CPU speed, not the disk space.  There is no workaround for that (the memory is soldered onto the system board, so it can't be upgraded).

Personally I've always left the virus scanner off - all the files on my NAS were uploaded from a PC that has it's own antivirus software.  If that's also your situation, then you probably don't need the scanner anyway.  If some files are coming through other paths (friends via ReadyCloud, a torrent app, etc), then you should scan them.  There are PC AntiVirus packages that can scan network shares, so you should look for one of those.  Or upgrade the NAS of course (though personally I wouldn't do that just to get AV).

Message 5 of 6
PeterCol
Aspirant

Thanks for your answers and time.

Greetings,

Peter

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos