× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5

givememynamebak
Luminary

ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5

Why doesn't ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5 show up automatically for update under Long-Term Support or Stable?  It's been almost 10 days since it's release... 

I also tried to do this update manually and get Unrecognized Server Error ...   then, if I reload my browser... I get the following (see attachment).

Model: RNDP6000-200 |ReadyNAS® Pro 6 |EOL
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5

@givememynamebak wrote "Why doesn't ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5 show up automatically for update under Long-Term Support or Stable?  It's been almost 10 days since it's release..."

My RN426 and RN204 do not see it, too. Both are set to Long-term support and run 6.9.4HF1.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@givememynamebak wrote:

Why doesn't ReadyNAS OS 6.9.5 show up automatically for update under Long-Term Support or Stable?  It's been almost 10 days since it's release... 

I also tried to do this update manually and get Unrecognized Server Error ...   then, if I reload my browser... I get the following (see attachment).

Netgear generally doesn't rush to put it on the automatic update servers.  IMO that works out well, as we get early feedback here on issues before the automatic update wave hits.  FWIW, I installed 6.9.5 on my backup NAS yesterday, so far I've seen no issues.

In your case it looks like the manual update worked (despite the server error) - all you need to do is reboot the NAS.  Do you recall what firmware you were running before?  Also, what browser were you using?

Message 3 of 5
givememynamebak
Luminary

Thanks for the reply @StephenB Yes, it updated when I rebooted.  I was on 6.9.4 Hotfix 1.  The right beta version is available, but at the very least they should put it on Stable I would think for those who want it sooner vs Long-Term Support. 

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@givememynamebak wrote:

at the very least they should put it on Stable I would think for those who want it sooner vs Long-Term Support. 

They always post a new release for manual updates first, and then put it on the update server after a week or so.

Not sure if the version in the beta update is the released version or the final release candidate.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements