× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 CPU-fan Calibration button

bla_1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 CPU-fan Calibration button

INFORMATION:

Netgear ReadyNAS Pro 6

Firmware: 4.2.31

X-Raid 2

Fan SYS     936 rtm

Fan CPU    2156 rtm

Temp SYS    45°         Normal 0-65°C     Recalibration  OK

Temp CPU   25.5°C    Normal 0-85°C                        OK

PROBLEM

I cleaned the CPU fan (4-pins on mainboard) and replaced the thermal paste. Upon restarting the NAS, In the Status-logs, I can see both fans (SYS and CPU) with speed and temperature but only the SYS fan has a button for recalibration. The CPU fan is constantly turning on a high speed (always above 2000 rtm) and there is no possibility for Calibration. I think to remember that this was possible before the cleaning. (Not absolutely sure.)

QUESTION

How can I get back the button for calibration of the CPU-fan?

Model: RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 CPU-fan Calibration button

@Sandshark wrote:

It's been a long time since I ran 4.2.x on a Pro6, but I don't remember two calibrate buttons. 

There's only one (on the sys fan).  My CPU fan also always runs a bit over 2000 rpm.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

It's been a long time since I ran 4.2.x on a Pro6, but I don't remember two calibrate buttons.  But one thing that may make a difference is whether your Pro uses a 4-pin fan connected next to the CPU or a three-pin one connected to the daughterboard.  Or did you, perhaps, plug it into the wrong connector for your fan type?

Message 2 of 7
bla_1
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer.

I use a 4-pin connected to the mainboard. I plugged it back into the same plug as it was before the cleaning and at the time, it was working fine (at a lower speed).

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

It's been a long time since I ran 4.2.x on a Pro6, but I don't remember two calibrate buttons. 

There's only one (on the sys fan).  My CPU fan also always runs a bit over 2000 rpm.

Message 4 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Of course, the thermal properties of the heatsink compound improve with age in the first few weeks, so things may change as time goes on.  I only have one Pro6 still set up, and it's on OS6, but it's CPU fan runs in the 1600Hz range on the "Balanced" setting.  When I had three NAS running side-by-side, they ran a little hotter, so the fans were a bit faster.

Message 5 of 7
bla_1
Aspirant

@Sandshark wrote:

It's been a long time since I ran 4.2.x on a Pro6, but I don't remember two calibrate buttons.  .

So the first question should be: is there any "Calibrate" button for the CPU-fan?

If yes, how can I get it back?

Message 6 of 7
bla_1
Aspirant

Sorry, I didn't see your answers. So there is just no Calibrate button for the CPU-fan.

Thanks for both of you, Sandshark and StephenB.for your answers.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements