× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 showing system over temperature

Lateralleap
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 showing system over temperature

Unit is suddenly showing system temperature over 65 C. The system fan starts around 1500 RPM, briefly went up to around 2000 RPM and then went down to around 900 even though the temperature is climbing until it goes over spec

It's not clear to me if the problem is the fan, the temperature probe or the control system. Given tha tthe fan initally goes to over 2000 it doesn't sound like the fan.  Is there a way to find out? It is running the latest firmware.  Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware are you running?

Is there a large build up of dust? You would presumably have had this system quite a long time now.

Message 2 of 6
Lateralleap
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply

Firmware: RAIDiator 4.2.31

I have cleaned the dust out and that does seem to have helped.  It's not sitting with System temperature at 58C and CPU at 34C.  I have also recalibrated the fan (not sure what that does!?) after cleaning. Ambient temperature is around 22C

Does that sound healthy?

Previously it was rising to 68C

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Lateralleap
Aspirant

Sorry, that should have read: "It's NOW sitting..."

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Lateralleap wrote:

with System temperature at 58C and CPU at 34C.  I

My pro-6 shows a CPU temp of 20C (and disk temps of 20-22C).  The system temp is reported as 52C. My ambient temp is lower than yours (the system is in my basement) - probably about 18C? 

Also the disks can make a big difference - the WD30EFRX that I have in the NAS run quite cool.  

Message 5 of 6
Lateralleap
Aspirant

Many thanks, that's very helpful

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements