× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition (Memory upgrade)

sylvainp
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition (Memory upgrade)

Hi all, I recently start playing around this weekend with my ReadyNAS Pro business Edition and I have update the BIOS to Flame V2.0. Also update to OS 6 and what a difference ! Also bought on Ebay a Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 CPU. Waiting for it. Now I want to upgrade the Memory from 1GB to 4GB What memory module is compatible with the latest BIOS and the CPU (E7600) and motherboard. What brand, model, speed, CAS latency Thank you !
Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6350|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @sylvainp

I think this thread might just answer your query https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Memory-upgrade-for-ReadyNAS-Pro-6/td-p/1...

You may want to check this too. 

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @sylvainp

I think this thread might just answer your query https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Memory-upgrade-for-ReadyNAS-Pro-6/td-p/1...

You may want to check this too. 

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 9
sylvainp
Aspirant

Thanks for the link. As I can read most people use memory with FSB 800 Mhz. The CPU I will use is a Core 2 E7600 with a FSB of 1066 mhz.

Does the motherboard compatible with memory with a FSB of 1066 Mhz ?

This way it will match the FSB of the CPU at 1066 Mhz.

Thank

Message 3 of 9
sylvainp
Aspirant

I forgot to ask what memory voltage we need or compatible ? 1.8v ?

Will G.SKILL 4GB 2X2GB DDR2 1066 PC2-8500 F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK with voltage from 2.0 to 2.1v work ?

Message 4 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Yep, that'll work.  I've used GSkill in a couple of upgrades.

Message 5 of 9
sylvainp
Aspirant

Finally found those on Ebay (Used) for $20 CAN

OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB KIT (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 RAM OCZ2P10664GK PC2-8500

It's not the Patriot or G.Skill but according to the G.Skill specs these one are similar so hope it work.

The CPU E7600 installed today and so far no problem and also made a Boot "Memory test" for 3 pass without any errors.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

I've used OCZ on some upgrades, too.  The "Platinum" variety have very low CAS latency.

Message 7 of 9
sylvainp
Aspirant

OCZ Platinum pc2-8500 is working good so far and did a memory test from the boot menu for a good 2 hours with no errors.

is there a way to have more information on the memory and the speed they are running at ?

With OS 4.xx we had more information on the memory. I really like OS 6 but in the performance page we could have alot more detailed on CPU and memory (% usage, mem used,)

Message 8 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

I have not found a way to find the memory speed other than installing a VGA monitor via the motherboard header and looking at the BIOS.

For basic monitoring of memory and CPU use, top from the SSH shell works.  Something more complex like Linux Dash or NetData should also work, but I've not tried them.  There is a Linux Dash Readynas app.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements