× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS RN104 Remove Inactive Volumes

robnrie
Tutor

ReadyNAS RN104 Remove Inactive Volumes

I need help as last night my nas rebooted and left me with the following, and bay 4 has only been added since to see if it would complete a sync.
No drives have reported failures and my volume was originally called Data with around 6TB used in X-raid it seemes to have moved everything to a new volume and left the free space in the old volume.

2019-01-28 14_08_30-Capture.png

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
robnrie
Tutor

Gearhead allso states for Network storage.
I could not wait any longer so i purchased the Gearhead and i am over the moon to say that the techs there got me up and running into read only mode in 40 mins so i could save my data and now start clean...Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Your best option to solve this is to use paid support (my.netgear.com).

Message 2 of 8
Laserbait
Luminary

Try booting up to "read only mode".  I had this happen on my 316, and I was able to copy my data off and then I reset the 316 back to factory defaults, and rebuilt the RAID.

Message 3 of 8
robnrie
Tutor

Hi Laserbait,
I did boot up to read only but still could not see my data.

Message 4 of 8
robnrie
Tutor

One more thing that i can add is that the power supply is supose to produce 12v on 2 rails and i am thinking that 1 of those is for the HDD.
On the night that it happened drive 2 and 3 dropped out and remounted several times, and the system shut down due to failure but when i noticed it and tried to restart it a message came up saying no drives found.
Then shortly after the system had no power at all so i swapped the power supply and sure enough the old power supply had failed.
since then i have tested the drives and noerrors at all so i am thinking that it is just in the boot sector and did not complete a resync..

Message 5 of 8
robnrie
Tutor

Hi StephenB,
Just wondering what contract should i purchase for this?, would the (GearHead Australia - Networking Support for Home Products, 12 Months) do for this problem.

Message 6 of 8
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @robnrie

Welcome to the Community!

You should get the Per Incident Support or Data Recovery Service contract instead of GearHead. GearHead contracts are usually for Home devices like routers, extenders and hotspots.

You can check here when purchasing a contract. You just need to login to my.netgear.com.

Regards

Message 7 of 8
robnrie
Tutor

Gearhead allso states for Network storage.
I could not wait any longer so i purchased the Gearhead and i am over the moon to say that the techs there got me up and running into read only mode in 40 mins so i could save my data and now start clean...Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements